"It is essential to the maintenance of a democratic society that the public business be performed in an open and public manner and that the citizens of this state be fully aware of and able to observe the performance of public officials and attend and listen to the deliberations and decisions that go into the making of public policy. The people must be able to remain informed if they are to retain control over those who are their public servants. It is the only climate under which the commonweal will prosper and enable the governmental process to operate for the benefit of those who created it."
New York State Open Meetings Law - Section 100. Legislative declaration.
"The legislature hereby finds that a free society is maintained when government is responsive and responsible to the public, and when the public is aware of governmental actions. The more open a government is with its citizenry, the greater the understanding and participation of the public in government."
New York State Freedom of Information Law - Section 84. Legislative declaration.
View the Proposed Historic Preservation Ordinance for Oct. 24th (Approx 27 Kbytes)
This is a PDF version of the proposed proposed Historic Preservation Ordinance that was distributed at the October 24, 2006 workshop and Village Board meeting. Another discussion, and possibly a vote, will occur at the November 14th Village Board meeting.
This document requires the Adobe PDF Viewer that is available free from
You may also download the file for later viewing and printing by right clicking on the link and selecting "save as".
There will be a Workshop of the Board of Trustees on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. followed by a Board Meeting at 8:00 p.m. the Piermont Village Hall as follows:
1. Workshop - Update on Proposed Renovations to Village Hall
2. Public Comment
3. Continuation of Public Hearing (8:15 p.m.) - proposed Historic Preservation Local Law
4. Update on Phase II of the Ash Street drainage repair
5. Discuss letter to Village Attorney with reference to 441 Piermont Avenue driveway access
6. Review memo from Assessor/Consultant regarding a Veteran's Exemption refund
7. Discuss proposal from Public Finance Assoc., Inc.
8. Resolution to submit the 2006 Return of Unpaid Taxes to the County of Rockland Department of Finance
9. Resolution to close dormant bank accounts
10. Resolution to authorize the Mayor to sign the Stormwater Consortium of Rockland County Cooperating MS4 Letter of Intent
11. Request from Clearwater, Inc. to allow the Mystic Whaler to dock at the Pier in Spring 2007
12. Resolution to consolidate seven (7) dormant bank accounts
13. Approval of Warrant
14. Department Reports
15. Old/New Business
Village of Piermont - Village Board Meeting Minutes - 2006
Disclaimer of Liability: With respect to documents available from this server, the Village of Piermont, including all of its officers, agents, servants and employees and appointed or elected officials, past, present and future (hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Village"), does not make any warranty, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed on the server. Likewise, the Village does not represent that the use of any such document, information, apparatus, product or process will not infringe privately owned rights.